Administrative Site Manager
Administrative Site Managers are part of the administrative team at Briya Public Charter School — a leading two-generation education program serving parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
At Briya, adults acquire English, digital literacy, and parenting skills, some continuing on to the school’s workforce development programs. At the same time, their young children attend Briya’s high-quality early childhood program.
Administrative Site Managers are key in ensuring that operations run smoothly at each of Briya’s four school sites. Managers work closely with fellow administrative staff, teaching staff, adult students, community partners, governing agencies, and others to maintain an efficient and effective education program.
Briya has a strategic partnership with Mary’s Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services.
The Administrative Site Manager position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer student phone calls regarding absences and other issues. Communicate messages to adult education and early childhood staff. Coordinate with teachers to call students who have unexplained absences.
- Maintain attendance records, student class information, and school waitlists. Coordinate monthly attendance reports and attendance certificates, create monthly attendance sheets for adult education and early childhood classes, and print classroom materials for early childhood teachers.
- Oversee creation and management of Student IDs.
- Coordinate schedule of Student-Teacher conferences and manage field trip registration forms.
- Assist with calling students and provide logistical support during inclement weather. Update One Call Messaging system as needed.
Direct Student Support
- Support student families by providing one-on-one assistance and referrals when the Student Services Coordinator is not available.
- Manage school application process, which includes understanding common lottery deadlines and requirements, understanding DC school options, and meeting with each adult student individually to discuss needs/wants for their children’s education.
- Assist the administrative team with recruitment and registrations.
- Work effectively in a complex education system by responding appropriately to multiple official and unofficial partners, including collaborating agencies, district and federal agencies, advisory groups, and interest/advocacy groups.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with students, families, visitors, staff members, and departments of Briya and Mary’s Center. Support coordination and communication between the early childhood and adult education departments to ensure smooth functioning of the campus.
- Use conflict management and leadership skills to foster a healthy work environment and efficient resolution of disputes.
- Supervise site interns and volunteers as needed.
Planning and Compliance
- Participate in the school’s management meetings. Provide leadership and assist in short- and long-term program planning. Assist with developing and implementing the annual school calendar and administrative policies. When appropriate, utilize a consensus model with staff when making policy and program decisions.
- Ensure compliance with regulations of governing bodies, accrediting organizations, and state regulations by continually monitoring the facility’s service delivery and notifying supervisor if changes are required. Support and participate in quality assurance activities.
- Support established Briya PCS policies and procedures and develop new procedures as needed.
- Assist with planning and implementing several large student celebrations throughout the school year.
- Manage daily operations to support optimal efficiency and implementation of a high-quality education program.
- Maintain an orderly office environment. Ensure the proper function of office equipment, quality of office supplies, and cost-conscious use of all resources.
- Answer office phones.
- Organize student forms, including reading journals, family follow-up forms, and Empire State forms.
- Oversee the assignment of classroom space and the reservation of rooms for outside use.
A successful Site Manager will excel in the following ways:
- Teamwork – Can work well in multidisciplinary team setting with a variety of cultural and educational backgrounds and experiences. Contributes to building a positive team spirit, put success of the team above own interests, and support colleagues’ and students’ efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and is able to build and sustain positive, productive relationships. Solves conflicts in cooperative manner; assumes accountability for own actions; and keeps emotions under control in a fast-paced, team-intensive environment.
- Communication Skills – Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Has a strong commitment to diversity, with respect and sensitivity to cultural and educational differences. Understands cultural and linguistic barriers to education and has experience overcoming these for student success.
- Flexibility – Can adjust personal schedule to participate in weekend and/or evening school events as needed. Instructors commit to long hours of work when necessary to meet the needs of Briya’s students.
Briya Public Charter School also values and expects the following from its employees:
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows established policies and procedures to support the overall function of the organization.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, adhering to a schedule pre-determined between the employee and the supervisor.
- Dependability – Follows instruction and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Financial Management – Contributes to the financial health of the school through dedication to student retention, support of new family recruitment, careful classroom budgeting, and cost-conscious expenditures to meet the needs of the school.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.