Events & Field Trip Coordinator
The Events and Field Trip Coordinator is part of the team at Briya Public Charter School – a leading two-generation education program serving parents and their young children. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming. Briya has a strategic partnership with Mary’s Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services.
Briya seeks an Events and Field Trip Coordinator who will effectively manage a wide range of events for the school, efficiently handling planning and logistics while also building and celebrating Briya’s diverse staff and student community. The Events and Field Trip Coordinator should have event planning or related experience and the ability to work effectively with multiple sites, departments, vendors, and stakeholders. The Coordinator will be highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and passionate about Briya’s mission and diversity.
The Events and Field Trip Coordinator position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with sponsoring departments and the Director of Operations to develop and execute a wide range of Briya events including but not limited to:
- Recurring School Events – monthly staff meetings, staff potlucks, Board meetings, high-profile prospective student outreach events.
- Student Celebrations – Spirit Week/Count Week, Reading Celebration, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Winter Party, Student Graduation.
- Holidays & Special Events – Staff Thanksgiving celebration, Staff holiday party, 30th Anniversary events, Friends of Briya events, Partner celebrations.
- Understand each event’s purpose and potentially complex needs; manage multiple events with multiple deadlines and details simultaneously; remain highly organized and detail-oriented while also understanding events’ big picture goals and objectives.
Planning & Collaboration:
- Design new activities and programs to attract and engage attendees and deliver on each event’s goals and objectives.
- Use strong communication skills, presenting event ideas and plans to staff in a variety of ways (presentation, in person, by email). Work with and address multiple stakeholder needs in designing and implementing events.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to mitigate risk and stay within budget.
- Coordinate and oversee all event logistics including room reservations, food and beverage planning and preparation, talent/entertainment bookings, décor, etc.
- Manage timely internal communications for events, including volunteer recruitment and staffing assignments.
- Work closely with marketing and communication department on all event branding and communications plans.
- Work closely with Mary’s Center for collaborative event opportunities, staying on top of their promotional event calendar to look for participation and partnership opportunities for Briya.
- Manage event partnerships, such as Mary’s Center, ensuring all stakeholders are well-informed of event plans, roles, and co-branding opportunities.
- Anticipate and plan for unexpected scenarios so that events run smoothly and have back-up plans in place.
Execution and Evaluation:
- Meet and manage vendors, partners, volunteers, staff, and other on-site event support. Coordinate and manage staffing needs at the event, delegating roles and responsibilities as appropriate.
- Manage and oversee all events and activities on the event day, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff throughout the event, organizing vendors, and managing take-down/clean up.
- Greet students, partners and other event attendees. Set a welcoming tone for the event.
- Use best practices to schedule post-event debrief meetings, participant surveys, budget reconciliation, and other evaluations as appropriate.
- Working closely with education team, research engaging and educational field trips that are extensions of the learning families experiencing in parenting classes. Develop budget-friendly field trip opportunities that introduce families to experiential and interactive sites in Washington.
- Create schedules, routes, maps, and instructions related to field trips. Provide staff orientations to sites and logistics prior to field trips.
- Work with each site coordinator to ensure all Briya field trip procedures are followed, including proper use of request forms, permission slips, bus request forms, etc. Create and use a tracking system for all related paperwork.
- Book and manage transportation as needed, serving as contact for bus company.
- Work closely with finance department to request checks in a timely fashion and stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure all field trips are listed on the master school calendar and site-based calendars.
- Facilitate established field trip procedures with new staff, students, and guests.
Education and/or Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience in event planning.
- Experience working with internal and external partners and audiences.
- English and Spanish proficiency (other languages a plus).
- Experience managing outside vendors under contract helpful.
- Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Technology – Experience with and knowledge of computer operations. Comfort with, or ability to learn, Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Business Suite.
Physical Demands – Regularly required sitting; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment – Day-to-day in a typical office setting with quiet to moderate noise level. Events and field trips will be in multiple settings and locations including: outdoors in nature, indoors and outdoors in urban environments, riding various modes of transportation (public and private), formal and informal functions, in crowds and large groups, outdoors in all kinds of weather including inclement. May require moderately strenuous physical exertion.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.