Finance & Business Administrator
The position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with ensuring payment of bills, invoices, and staff/volunteer expense claims, entering invoices into Anybill, preparing check requests for Anybill and for manual checks.
- Responsible for contracted employee payroll. Sending reminders of time-sheet due dates, collecting the time-sheets, and verifying the time-sheet total hours are correctly calculated. Submits payroll roster to EdOps for payroll processing. Distributes pay vouchers and pay checks on payday.
- Assist with collecting and reviewing staff time-sheets for all Briya employees to ensure that proper coding is selected.
- Manage filing system for confidential employee documents, and financial documents such as invoices, and bank statements. Assist with collecting proper documentation for new employees or vendors.
- Prepare and make deposits for incoming payments or donations.
- Works as a liaison between the directors and departments on financial issues or other inquiries.
- Assist with monthly credit card reconciliation; sending monthly reminders, collect and review credit card logs to make sure proper documentation such as receipts are provided.
- Assist with National School Lunch Program by sending monthly breakfast/lunch distribution calendars, and prepare NSLP claim form for submission. Monitor preschooler roster in case of new student in order to prepare documentation to determine the student’s status for the claim.
- Assist with procurement by preparing purchase orders in online software (Officewise). Assure that for purchases requiring additional quotes that quotes are attached to purchase order entry.
- Assist with other projects such as budgets, general ledger reviews, financial report preparation on an as-needed basis.
- Take minutes at the board finance committee meetings.
- Work with the Executive Director on administrative projects related the school.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of the team above own interests; support everyone’s efforts to succeed; work well in multidisciplinary team setting.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict in cooperative manner, instead of blaming; keep emotions under control; have excellent written and verbal communication skills; understand cultural and linguistic barriers to education.
- Cost Consciousness
- Diversity – Show respect and sensitivity for cultural and educational differences.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures.
- Professionalism – Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Be consistently at work and on time (work schedules are pre-determined between the employee and the person(s) to whom he/she reports).
- Dependability – Follow instruction and respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; commit to long hours of work when necessary to meet the needs of the participants.
- Flexibility – Be flexible with work schedule and willing to participate in weekend and/or evening events as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Administration or related field.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingualism in English/Spanish preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.