Hybrid Learning Associate
The Hybrid Learning Associate is part of the Adult Education Program team at Briya Public Charter School — a leading two-generation education program serving adults and young children in Washington, DC. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
The core adult education program is comprised of three highly integrated areas of study: English, parenting, and digital literacy. The curriculum prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to navigate their community as effective parents, employees, and citizens.
This team member will work with the Digital Integration Team (DIT) to implement accessible high-quality digital instruction for adult learners. They will ensure students and teachers have the correct skills, tools, and devices they need to succeed. They will help implement urgent digital learning solutions in both situations involving full remote learning and a blended learning model. They will think strategically and systematically about longer-term digital learning opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Hybrid Learning Associate position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
· Create and maintain master list of student- and teacher-facing guides, slides, and resources for digital skills including Chromebooks, Google Classroom, GoGuardian, and other tools
· Maintain list of Zoom links for all classes with account login information
· Update the school’s Student Information System with student email accounts
· Perform administrative functions in Google Classroom and Schoology
· Perform administrative functions in Google Admin and Briya’s Student Information System
· Add and maintain all school events to the school’s Google Calendar
· Create instructional technology resources and activities for teachers as needed
· Lead orientation sessions for new students throughout the year; develop orientation materials
· Teach and track attendance for Learning Circles program
· Provide Helpdesk-style support for teachers, staff, and students across departments
· Create and analyze data-related deliverables such as reports on student attendance, progress, and participation in alignment with PCSB and OSSE policies and procedures.
· Support the Technology Integration Coordinator as needed
· Participate in ongoing professional development related to job responsibilities and maintaining expertise in the field.
· Participate in all Briya staff meetings, professional development and events
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for the Director of Operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience –
· Associate’s degree, or relevant work experience
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Strong skills and experience in creating materials in the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides.)
· Graphic design knowledge preferred
· Advanced skills in Sheets or Microsoft Excel preferred
· Experience with the needs of adult learners and/or immigrant population
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
· Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
· Strong organizational skills
· Detail oriented
· Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.