March 9, 2020
Dear Briya Students,
Briya is committed to the health and safety of our students and staff. We know the coronavirus is worrying many people. While there are now cases in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, the risk to the general public is still considered low. Briya is following advice from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), DC government, and DC Public Charter School Board about the coronavirus. The best thing we can do now are actions that help prevent diseases like the coronavirus and the flu.
All students and staff should:
- Stay home if you or your child is sick. If you have a fever, don’t return to school until the fever has been gone for 24 hours without medication. Please call your health care provider if you have any concern about symptoms.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and wash for 20 seconds.
- Use a tissue if you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow (not your hands).
- Do not touch your face.
- Clean areas in your home that are touched regularly.
- Closely monitoring updates about the virus.
- Cleaning the school more often.
- Making sure all bathrooms have soap and paper towels.
- Putting hand sanitizer around school buildings.
- Hanging up handwashing reminders.
We will stay up to date on advice and keep you informed of any changes. We do not currently have plans to close school, but we will make plans if recommendations change. You can also go to www.coronavirus.dc.gov to see more details about the coronavirus from the DC government.
Thank you for doing your part to help us all stay healthy!
Briya School Leader